Thursday, June 21, 2012

Already the Summer

Things have been very busy. A few weeks ago I got some great news.

First, my doctor got the results back from the biopsy and there was no sign of Leukemia. The genetics test also came back negative (which is a good thing). I have been feeling better every day and have even played hockey a couple of times. I don't have the scoring touch yet, but played well enough and wasn't terrible on the ice. I have been going down weekly on medications...I am almost finished with my anti-fungal, I am very low on anti-rejection, I am down 1600mg of magnesium, and continue to drop the amount of steroids I am on. My weight is holding at 200 (yes 200, its all muscle). The humidity is horrible, but that gives me more of a reason to spend time at the hockey rink or in AC.

Second, speaking of hockey, I got the job as Homestead High Schools Head Hockey coach. I am very excited about that and looking forward to getting everything going.

Adeline has been doing well also, she has started two "toddler" classes. The first is creative dance...she definitely needs some work on following directions. They said pick up the bunny, she picked up the dots the bunnies were on, they said sit on the carpet square, she took the carpet square and put it on her head, other kids were sitting still, she was trying to find a way into the storage room. She is pretty energetic. She needs some practice sitting as well. The other class is Teddy Tumblers, which is essentially playing in a padded room. She is very outgoing, took the bubbles, and tried to turn on the radio...I think the other two year olds are a little scared of her. She may be a little aggressive with hugs and giving love.

Summer has been going great. I had the opportunity to hang out with two of my friends in Madison, Happy Birthday Thane, and my friend Clark. I have a wedding I get to go to in July, I have been playing hockey on Sunday nights, and just feel great about this summer.

Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and enjoying the weather!!
Tony Navarre

No comments:

Post a Comment