Friday, September 16, 2011

Been a Good Week

So, It has been almost one week since my last day of chemotherapy. The week has gone really well. (knock on wood, wish good luck, superstitious stuff, etc) I have not gotten sick and had a good doctor appointment today. I made my first banana breads, they turned out pretty good. Threw some stuff into the crock pot yesterday and that was great. Made some soup today and am going to make a dinner for tonight for Mols and Adie.

AS TO THE DOCTOR APT: Here is the only new information...I have blood draws the next two weeks, and my numbers will probably continue to fluctuate, because of the numbers, I may need transfusions throughout the next few weeks. My chest tube and incision site from the video assisted thoracic surgery are sore and I need to take an additional antibiotic for those, but they are ok as checked today. Friday next week I have another Pulmonary Function Test. This is the test where you breathe a whole bunch of times into a machine connected to computers to evaluate lung capacity and volume, how fast/slow/much/little I can take into my lungs. This is a SUPER important test. As important as Marino to Duper, DeBerg to Thomas, Majkowski to Sharpe in Super Tecmo Bowl. This test needs to be the same or improved from earlier for the doctors to be more comfortable with my transplant. I felt good about the meeting and am saying prayers that I do not get a neutropenic fever! Lets get to transplant!!!!

T

2 comments:

  1. Hey, saw your blog from facebook. Thanks for sharing it. good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know you were such a good cook! The news is really good to hear Tony. We will keep the prayers going.....Jill Mc

    ReplyDelete