Friday, September 23, 2011

Doctor Update


This week has been very good. I have not gotten sick...now I am not very superstitious, but if you are reading this knock on some wood...but I am still neutropenic. My counts may be starting to come back up, as it is the 13th day after my chemotherapy. In very good news, I had a Lung Function Test today and it improved from my last Lung Function Test. Think of this test kind of like the ACT test. There are numerous tests but one score that really matters. Each test has some bearing in that final score, but the overall score is really what you look at. This is just like the lung test. I have a few breathing tests that gauge different things, CO2 diffusion, recovery, O2 levels in blood, lung capacity..etc. MY test prior to my VATS procedure was so bad that the group (Transplant docs, therapists, oncologist) decided I needed more time to allow my lungs more time to improve. The lowest cutoff to allow a transplant is 45...my early score was a 37....this time.......49!!!! So we may have to save the armband from this appointment. My transplant doctor that has been with us from very early on was, in her words, very happy about this test. So, I am not going to go overboard, we don't have a date set yet, but things look really good to move forward. FINALLY! As always, I will keep updating as I find out more information. Molly and Adeline have also been very good. Adeline is walking all over and Molly has had a good first month at school. Thanks, as always, to our friends and family who have sent well wishes and prayers our way. This journey to health would be too much without all of your love and support. Go Brewers this week who can win the division for the first time in 29 years! and Go Packers who play da' bears dis week. Thank you thank you thank you all!!!!

T

No comments:

Post a Comment