Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Have Holes in My Side


Just wanted to touch base with everyone. Yesterday, the chest tube came out and it was pretty sore, however, it feels a little better this morning and I have gotten some news. My transplant doctor was able to come in last night and spoke with me. She is expecting news from the lung biopsy in the next couple of days. Once we know what is going on there, we will be able to proceed with the transplant; the doc was optomistic about getting on the transplant schedule right away. That is really good news, I hope the Docs get the results from the biopsy soon, it is tough to wait again.

The picture shows the area where the chest tube is covered with some protective foam padding. Directly above the pad is the cut they had to make (the back part is covered by the foam) to get the pieces of lung they needed for the biopsy. There are also two scars you can see above the incision for the biopsy. Those scars are both earlier chest tubes that were put in. The difference from those chest tubes, to the one they put in here at Froedtert most recently is the diameter of the tube going into the chest cavity. The latest tube had a larger diameter than my two scars. As I said, things are starting to feel a little better as of last night. GO Brew today against the Cardinals.

No comments:

Post a Comment