Monday, August 22, 2011

Wow, January to August!


So,
I have cancer. Yes, crazy but true. March 16th before I got out of school, I got a phone call letting me know that I had Leukemia. It is such a long story, with many twists and turns, that rather than blog all about it, I am posting the Caring Bridge site that has followed the journey.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/tonynavarre

GO 1st place Milwaukee Brewers and I am looking forward to watching the defending Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers. Homestead boys soccer got started, they have some talent and with hard work can make a great season out of things. The new ice rink is looking good and the HHS Boys Hockey team looks like they can come back from a winning season and move far in the playoffs. All things I will be keeping a close eye on as I battle Leukemia. Picture below from June 12...only 132 pounds at the time.

At this time, I am getting ready to get a bone marrow transplant at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin. Now, heading to Froedtert at 175 pounds and ready to get a transplant! I head in on the 29th of this month. I am going to use this blog to stay in touch and let people know how things are going.

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it is finally going to happen. So excited for all three of you. Is the new stats guy (can't remember his name) going to take over your coaching duties for the year?

    ReplyDelete