Sunday, October 9, 2011

Greatness


I have another round of chemotherapy starting on Monday...but come on. Does it get any better than this?? It may?

http://www.bloguin.com/theoutsidecorner/2011-articles/october/bob-uecker-calling-nyjer-morgans-game-winning-hit.html

Brewers play today at 3:00 in the 1st game of the National League Championship Series in a home series against the Dirty Cardinals from St. Louis. The Packers have a night game in Atlanta, should be a fun game with lots of scoring. Not to mention, the NHL season has finally begun and the Pittsburgh Penguins are 2-0-0-0 without Sid the Kid, who is close to coming back from the concussions.

On the Cancer front: Like I said, I have another round of chemotherapy, the past problems from chemo have happened, the doctors believe, because of the Cytarabine, a chemo drug. It is rare, but I have gotten Cytarabine poisoning. So, they will do this round of chemo, and then re-evaluate my lungs. Hopefully, they will be in good shape and I can once again be put on the calendar for my transplant. It has been hard waiting, but I feel like maybe we have things figured out now and we are ready to move on!

Wanted to also give another thank you to the Homestead Hockey Family. More parents and players have come to the house to help with yard work, etc. Everyone who has helped my family through this tough time has been and is amazing! The Mequon-Theinsville Community, Homestead High School, Soccer and Hockey programs, and everyone who has helped with fundraisers, etc, is amazing. We could not have gotten to this point in treatment without all of your help. Everyone is truly helping me fight this disease.

Thanks and Love Everyone!
T

1 comment:

  1. Hey "Tony Chemo" you hang in there and take that treatment to deep center field and let Yuke make the get up, gotta here, and gone call on the Cytarabine poisoning!

    Go Brew Crew! Go Navarre Crew!

    Thinking of you.

    Bob Wells

    ReplyDelete