Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Disease Update!!

Still getting stabbed all the time, if any of you were wondering about that.

- My blood came back positive for Pseudomonas.
- This is the bug that put me in the ICU the second time and really beat up my left lung.
- The reason this bugger is so bad is that it is a bacteria that is very hard to treat.
- It is hard to treat because it is naturally antibiotic resistant.
- They are being very careful and aggressive making sure that they get rid of this before I leave the hospital, so the length of the stay is unknown.
- I am officially on isolation...oh well.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and prayers! Hopefully we can get rid of this bug and get to transplant soon!

Navarre
Lets go Penguins!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony,
    I'm so sorry that you're having to go through all of this. You and your family are in my thoughts often and I hope that the transplant will happen soon and you can be healthy again. Take care.
    Linda Brunner (UW-Eau Claire)

    ReplyDelete