Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Needles Needles Everywhere!

I think they caught the bacteria sooner than last time. Thats really important with this bacteria. I feel pretty good, however, they had to pull out my picc line (the little dangle dohickey's that hang out of my arm) so now I get stuck about 8 times a day. Bummer, so my first stick comes last night as they are etting blood for cultures and labs. I had a guy kind of looked like my good friend Danny (D-Rod), but 6 feet tall with a perfectly groomed Cleveland Brown mustache. It was awesome, I was worried, but he did it so well I didn't even bleed after...he says "My goal is to stick so you dont even feel the needle." What a guy, I want him back, I say...he only works nights.....Dang it all, I have to get stuck every morning. What a motto for a guy who has to stick people with needles all day long. Everyone must love him. Well, they do this all the time, so they all have to be pretty good at it. So this morning, at 4:30am, I am half asleep, ok, not half asleep, all asleep. An elderly lady (70) comes in, turns on the light and says I have to draw your blood for labs. I am not entirely sure whats happening...have I seen the light??? She is older, I think to myself, she must have been doing this for a long time. I throw a pillow over my face to hide from the light, she grabs my hand and jams the needle in. She says, "I think all needles pretty much feel the same." Whoa lady, I think your hitting bone there!

Jeez, where is the first guy. Anyway, that is the story of the day.....all is well so far. I have gotten two units of blood, 4 bags of antibiotic, and had an ok taco salad for lunch. Thanks for the skyping last night those of you know who you are....I always try to conceal names in case someone wishes to stay unidentified (Like old lady Needle-face!).

Hope everyone's day started off better than mine and this blog finds you happy and healthy!

Tony

ps: I was able to post a video on facebook yesterday, in case anyone was interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment