Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Day -2

I posted a tour of my hospital apartment on facebook, but many of you are unable to see that so I'll give you the brief summary.

My room is fairly large with a sink in the room and in the bathroom. I have plenty of room for my clothes, movies, cribbage board, PS3...I have a ledge on the North wall of my room which has a nice view. My computer, kindle, phone, and playstation controllers all have their space on the ledge. My family picture is on the drawer next to my bed. On the South wall there is a calendar of the 3+ weeks that I will be here (doesn't go past 4 weeks) and they have projected how I will feel through-out the process.

I am going to be very very vulnerable to infections, illnesses, etc until at least the 14th of December. So much so, that they say as few visitors as possible (none) and try not to get mail in the room, or anything that could carry germs or bacteria. The Bone Marrow Transplant Unit (BMT) is filtered, and then each individual room is filtered again from the air, so there are two sets of air filtration working on keeping germs and bacteria out.

I brought plenty of toys, books, movies, and activities to keep myself busy....like checking up on the #7 ranked Homestead Highlander Hockey team, my fantasy sports teams, and Skype. Anyone that wants to skype me feel free, just so long as you know that if I feel like crap, I probably wont answer :)

I can hardly believe that we are here, and by we I mean every person who has helped me get this far! I am sitting in the Bone Marrow Transplant wing with a vision of putting cancer in my rear view mirror! I will post again tomorrow and hopefully everyday of this journey. Thanks and I hope this finds everyone happy and healthy...until tomorrow day -1!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tony,

    Thinking of you and sending lots of healing light and love! May this journey bring you health and happiness.

    Delia

    ReplyDelete