Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day --1

You may or may not notice the double negative in front of the one...now, to you math people, that means it is positive one...but in this case you would be wrong.

Some of you may know that I am getting unrelated donor cells from someone in Europe. The bone marrow cells must be fresh and the cells will not be getting to Froedtert until very late on Friday night ... so in this case, the -- in front of the 1 in the title means an extended -1 day. My actual infusion of bone marrow cells will now be early Saturday morning. My transplant doctor is the attending for the next 12 days (AWESOME) so I will be getting all of the info straight from the horses mouth.

Today was a mostly good day, a little sick from the chemo, nothing bad. Some tired feelings and one little dizzy spell that I had to take a seat to get things back together. Due to the dizzy spell I am getting orthostatic vitals (blood pressure: laying down, sitting down, standing, finger stick, temperature, and heart rates and SPO2) I did walk about 2 miles today and that felt good. They are keeping a close eye on my blood sugar due to the drugs I am taking, soooo more shots, insulin and finger pricks. (Stop laughing Coach Walther) I am now the walking bio-hazard. Going to order something light for dinner, and hopefully get a good nights sleep.

Love you all....Saturday morning it is!!!
Tony

1 comment:

  1. Probably shouldn't jam you since you can still pull that "cancer card" on me, but technically Mr. Co-Math Teacher, two negatives make a positive. So, it would seem you're at +1 and past the procedure altogether. Hope tomorrow passes quickly and Saturday is successful!

    KL

    ReplyDelete