Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day + 26


Adeline has not slept great at the hometel, so nights seem a little longer than they really are. Molly got up with Adeline at 4:00am this morning, and being the wonderful person she is, she let me sleep. I was able to sleep until about 6:00am this morning before getting up and taking my morning meds (12 pills). After waiting an hour before having breakfast, I dozed for another 30 minutes. Molly, Adeline and I then left for Froedtert.
Froedtert wasn't too bad. They had to take a lot of blood, something like 10 viles for two different sets of tests, then they also took cultures from my PICC line. After the tests, I headed over to the LIFE Cancer Center and waited for my nurse practitioner to see me. Everything looked good, and my liver levels had gotten better or stayed the same. This is great news. They also checked my White blood cells and platelets....both of these were in the normal range! AWESOME.
Molly came and picked me up at Froedtert and we headed back to the hometel where I promptly fell asleep again. This time for about 3 hours. It seems to be fairly regular that I am exhausted during the day. I have to get better at exercising everyday and keeping my muscles up to snuff. I did do my shake weight today, however...yes you heard right, my shake weight! A present from my brother in law was the shake weight and a 6 minute DVD. It isn't easy...we'll see what kind of results it has. On the DVD is my personal trainer Christopher. He is buff and seems to sweat before the shake weight exercise has yet to begin, must have good metabolism. I am also going to walk a little more starting tomorrow, and stretch everyday. At some point, I want to start YOGA. I have heard good things from a number of people about feeling more relaxed, stretched out, and looser after a bone marrow transplant. So that is something I am going to pursue a little further down the road.

SPORTS SECTION- So, I have not been all that impressed with this years bowl games. Washington v. Baylor isn't bad, but no games have really caught my attention as of yet.
- Little worried about our Badgers against the Ducks. The Ducks are so darn fast and run so many plays. I hope our defense can make a few stops and our offense can keep up. It should be a fun game though.
- Sidney is out again with concussion symptoms...man, this may be a career ender, and he is so talented. Tragedy ... for me anyway.
- Pack looked better against the Bears on Sunday and have the Lions to finish off the season. Lets just get out of that game with no injuries. With the week off after because of the bye, the Packers may be in better form after a couple weeks of rest.
- No news on Braun.
- Basketball started..big whoop.

Hope everyone is doing well! I think it will be a good night as Adeline has not woken up yet :) Who knows, she may even sleep past 4:30am! Have a great night and better day tomorrow!
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment