Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day +1 Badgers Big 10 Champs!

Wow, was yesterday a day or what!

As Molly was planning to come down to be with me during my transplant, our daughter Adeline suffered a seizure and had to be ambulanced to a hospital in Green Bay. Thankfully, she is doing great this morning. We are waiting to hear from the pediatric neurologist, but all things look good.
I received my bone marrow transplant and have been dealing with the side effects of that. The side effects are not too bad now, but, from the experience of another transplant person in the unit, in about 3 days I will feel somewhat like between the worst flu I have ever had, and being hit by a truck. Everyone's experience is different, and my counts still have a long way to drop before they recover.

It was a long weekend for the Homestead Hockey boys. Their trip to Green Bay ended with two very tight losses. A 5-4 loss to Green Bay United and a 3-2 overtime loss to #1 Notre Dame Academy. It is great to see them come out of the weekend competitive. They also went to the "Be The Match" walk set up by our friend Lauren. Awesome turnout and what a blessing to have such caring people in my life!The Pittsburgh Penguins held onto their lead in the division with a nice win over Carolina...but they were OVERSHADOWED!
GO BUCKY!!! What an incredible rematch, although the end of the game was disappointing. Back and forth, the comparisons to a heavy weight fight were perfect, as soon as one team gained momentum, the other hit right back. The end though....the end...I am sorry, but why would that Spartan go anywhere near the kicker? Flop or not, unbelievable! Not quite the Hail Mary ending of the first game.

Well, the Packers play today in their, "last chance to lose" this season....which I think is ridiculous. It will be a solid game, but the Packers have the Raider, Lions, and Bears with winning records and play at Kansas City, which is a tough road game. Don't get me wrong, I am all for the 16-0. As a coach myself, I can't see any other attitude than play one at a time, and win every game.

So, the nice thing is, the sports are still pumping life blood into me as much as possible. Although I don't think I can cheer for Dale Sveum....can't bring myself to feel good about any Cub. Sorry Greenhow.

I will continue to do my best and update my blog each day, although the truck hitting flu days may be tough. All this was made possible by the people who have helped and cared so much since I was diagnosed March 16th! I can never say thank you enough, the flood of thoughts, prayers, and wishes yesterday, from texts to phone calls, facebook messages , skyping, and notes was overwhelming and incredible. Thank god for all of you.

I hope this message finds everyone healthy and happy.
Tony

1 comment: