Sunday, December 18, 2011

Oh...Da' Pack

13-1 uhhh How could they lose to the KC Chiefs. Unreal, they played so bad, but now, it is all focus on the Super Bowl, because it will all be for nothing if they can't take it all the way. All you haters can just relax now and let the Packers rest and recover from their injuries. They'll sew up home through-out. So bummed, I won't be able to watch Sportscenter tomorrow...it'll be all the Packers losing and Tebow losing...what a terrible show. Guess its Family Guy seasons and resting. In some positive news, I belive that I am going to make my Fantasy Football championship in one of my leagues...so today was not all bad. Even better is that it is the league that I have been part of for almost the longest amount of time. My UWEC league holds that title, but this one is a close second coming in at 9 years...although many of the teams have changed, Decker is still playing and Clark is also a mainstay.

On the cancer front, things are looking good. Still not positive on when I am getting out of the hospital, but it is a big step when they take you off all the IV medication. That happened today! I am feeling pretty good, walked over a mile today, and am now in a holding pattern until the docs think it is safe for me to head to the 'hometel.' Again, I can't take credit for the clever wording, but it just seems to fit so well. We are thinking that an executive stay hotel, furnished, is going to have to be a stating off point because getting something set up on almost no notice would be difficult. My counts doubled today, which is HUGE, and hopefully I will have another big gain in counts again tomorrow. Since the third day I have been in the hospital, I have kept track of the number of laps that I have done around the unit. The BMT unit also measured off how many laps equal a third of a mile, one mile, and two miles. I then added the number of laps I did the first to days that I was in the BMT and came up with 55o laps so far in 19 days. That is 23.91 miles I have done since I came to the BMT unit. A marathon is 26.22 miles, so my goal, is to have walked a marathon since coming to the BMT unit at Froedtert. I will get some more walking in tonight (to burn off some steam from the Freakin' Packers losing) and hopefully, by Tuesday, I will have reached my goal of 26.22 miles. For those of you who know me, running for runnings sake is not my thing. I want to be chasing something or be chased by something if I am going to run. I have always said I would never do a marathon...however, I think this is pretty darn accurate. It takes me 21 days to run a marathon. Again, for those who know me, that sounds about right.

Adeline and Molly are both doing well. I hope hope HOPE I get to see them BOTH for Christmas. Even if I am not in Port, it would be great to get out of here before Christmas. I now know why the sports radio 1250 guys put so much effort into the Toy Drive for Children's Hospital during Christmas...no one wants to spend Christmas in the hospital. So, hopefully, I can get out in the next five days.

Hope everyone is healthy, happy, and has a great holiday...travel safe.

1 comment:

  1. Here is hoping that you are home with your girls!!! My perspective on the Packer loss today: in 1996 they lost to KC in KC and went on to dominate at the Super Bowl. That's what I got! Walk tall!

    ReplyDelete