Sunday, December 11, 2011

Day +8 ... Packer Gameday!


The counts are at zero and the headaches and stomach pains continue. I did get out for quite a bit of walking today. I think knowing how bad my lungs are, and how bad they can get, keeps me getting up ad going for walks. I feel overall very lucky just having to deal with the headaches and joint pain. I know I have had some EXTREMELY rough times in the past, but some of the others on the BMT Unit are having a tough go and any thoughts and prayers could also go out to those people. I now include them in my thoughts before bed. It would be very easy to sleep all day, watch the Packers perfect freakin' season, and just try to relax, but is that what the Packers would want me to do? NO! It is such an exciting thing to watch your favorite team dominate week after week. In sadder news, we find out Ryan Braun may have run into the steroid monster, instead of the Pixar Beast. Although he claims innocence as well as the test being linked to a number of false positives. It makes me sad and I also question myself, if this is some other guy on some other team, I am saying to myself, "Yeah, whatever, you know what you out into your body. You can never let your guard down when the stakes and the label of steroid user are so high." But man! Its Ryan Braun. Clutch. Fun to Watch. Young Gun. Milwaukee Hero. I am being a hypocrite, but I am going to give Braun the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear more and get more information. In other news, all the Sidney haters will be chirping again with the Kid taking 2 games off to rest. They haven't said concussion symptoms have returned, but small headaches may have come up. All I know is, he is a tremendous talent and incredibly fun to watch. Hockey is a better sport with Sid the Kid playing. The Homestead Hockey boys came out great with 2 wins over the weekend. One win coming over 3rd ranked Marquette. Keep up the good work guys, there is always room to improve.

As a quick end to this week and a strong start to the next, I hope everyone is happy and healthy. Make sure to bundle up as COLD COLD COLD is soon to hit. Miss and Love my girls at home...12 days down, possibly 12 days left in the hospital!

Love,
Tony Navarre

1 comment: