Saturday, February 4, 2012

Home...different from Freedom! But Wonderful!


Couldn't sleep a wink last night because I was so excited. Headed back to the house in Port Washington for the first time since November 30. Now, when I escaped the hospital, I was so happy for things like, soft towels, and nights without interruption (Adeline excluded). Molly, Adeline, and I are all home now and so far, I already have seen major improvements! There is a "guide" button for the TV, no more channel surfing. The internet works ALL THE TIME, not just three in the morning, and ten at night. A big one here, a couch that fits more than one person...I can SPRAWL. In other words, now I can really get lazy. My PS3 works once again, there are two bathrooms, my overlarge stuffed chair, and rooms to escape to! The things that you take for granted. For me, things seem to be getting back to normal. Someone said to me, wow, isn't it just so much better to be home. Right now, it is more than that. It is normal. I have not felt normal in a long time. I think this is so refreshing, not just a change to a new place, a new setting, and feeling better. It is a small taste of what my life was before cancer, but better, because I can appreciate things so much more.

Ok...pause...Molly just tried to throw away my pet monster...does anyone remember that! My Pet Monster? So awesome, and the one that I have is a puppet, I have to tell everyone to calm down, I put the kabash on that big time, I'll wash it, but the My Pet Monster stays!

So, to finish things up...love being back at home in Port Washington and I have all of my family, friends, and supporters to thank for sticking by me. One step closer to beating this thing.
And I kept the My Pet Monster!

Love you all!
Tony

3 comments:

  1. I totally remember the My Pet Monster. Wasn't there a TV series that went a long with it? Glad you are home. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are home. Went to the HHS Hockey game tonight. Boys did a great job! Can't wait for you to be able to go where you want---when you want.

    KL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tony,
    I've got good news and bad news.
    First the good news. It is indeed wonderful that you're finally back in your own home and you are on the mend. Now for the bad news (and I think you're well enough to handle some snark). You've never been quite "normal" if you know what I'm talking about. The puppet is yet another example. Need I say more.
    Still waiting on the tall and frosty ones.
    Bill

    ReplyDelete