Monday, February 27, 2012

Been a While

Wow, since February 22! Sorry it has been so long...but it seems like no news is good news. I have not had any issues. I am still being very careful, keeping my mask on whenever I am not at the house, and trying to make sure I am eating better. I take my temperature at least 2 times a day and have not had a fever. My rash seems to come and go, but it has never been very bad. In fact, if there is some redness or bumps, I usually can put the creme that my doctor prescribed and it is gone by the next day. My transplant doc said that this could be some form of graft vs. host, which would be okay, because that would mean that there is also graft vs. disease. My next appointment is tomorrow, Tuesday, the 28th. During that appointment, I will schedule my 100 day appointment...WOW, it has gone so fast. My 100 day appointment will be a little more extensive because of the lung issues I have had, but not too bad. It sounds like another lung function test, a full CT scan, a bone marrow biopsy, and lots and lots of blood. Not sure if I have to do the heart function tests again, but that is something that I will find out tomorrow. So, for now, it is continued spinach smoothies...yum yum, trying to get some exercise in everyday, and staying away from germs and sick people. :)

In sports news:
It was a rough ending to a great season for the Homestead Highlanders. They were taken down by Brookfield in the sectional semi-final game. It was a great season guys, each year Homestead has improved and maybe next year will be their turn! Congrats to my alma mater Eau Claire Memorial for once again making it to the state tournament. They will face Brookfield on Thursday. I am really looking forward to the NFL draft. The RG III situation makes it a little more fun to watch and the Pack could be drafting a Badger in the first round. They may also get some extra picks because of the signing of Jermichael Finley. With that signing, the Packers can put the franchise tag on Matt Flynn and possibly get a bunch of draft picks for a guy who is going to be an unrestricted free agent on March 13th. Nice move Packers. That is the way to stay ahead in the game...look at the Patriots, they seem to do pretty well gaining picks and maintaining a team (Matt Cassel move). I really like this move and I hope that it works out. At the same time, Brewers season is getting ready to go. Pitchers and catchers have reported and Ryan Braun will not be suspended for 50 game...HUGE! I think Braun handled himself very well and that he represented Milwaukee well.

Finally, speaking of representing well, congrats to Eau Claire Natives, Justin Vernon and Michael Noyce for winning, not one, but two Grammy's this year in Bon Iver! Unreal! However, I think they have a bigger accomplishment. When you can get on Saturday Night Live, and be made fun of on Saturday Night Live by Justin Timberlake, you know you have made it big! Well done!

Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy.
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment