Thursday, February 2, 2012

Few Days Have Gone By

Frustrating that the internet connection has not worked the past few days here at the 'hometel' but I got some time, so here it goes. January was the first month since February 2011 that I did not have to stay overnight in a hospital. ACTUALLY, only the second month since February 2011 that more than half the month wasn't spent in the hospital. Not that I have not made some life long friends at the hospital, but I prefer to see you in a different environment for once.

Monday - Thursday has been good health wise. I have been making smoothies like no ones business. Lots of spinach and almonds. I have not had any fevers or a temp higher that 98.5 since getting out of the hospital. My lungs seem to be slowly getting better. It is hard because I am used to being able to run and skate and whatever...without getting "tired" but now, I have to take breaks for whatever activity I have set for myself. I suppose if it means that being alive and with my family was the trade off, there really is no contest. Time will heal...

On the doctors front, Dr. Palmer said that there was a good possibility that I could be home by the weekend and without a caregiver by next week. WOW!!! That is incredible. I am at day 61 from transplant today and feel like that could be some kind of record. It has helped to have my mom here, but it is going to be awesome to be able to be home as a family again, possibly by next week.

I've skated a few times per week along with doing some YOGA, shake weights, and walking. Overall, it has continued to be a very "boring" stay...which is good. Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy. Enjoy the weather when you can!
Tony

1 comment:

  1. Tony, this is all such great news!!! I'm with you: boring is a good thing!!! Your positive attitude continues to take you exactly where you need to go. Hang in there, buddy...you'll be back to your old self before you know it!

    ReplyDelete