Sunday, February 12, 2012

What a Weekend!

So, what a crazy start to the weekend. Here we are at Day 71 and still feeling good.

FRIDAY: Again, people being very generous. Molly and I had a meal prepared for us by Mimi R. (always fantastic) AND at the same time it was put into motion (Thanks to Molly's mom and Jyll's mom...family friends) that Jyll Lucas-Everman from "The Next Food Network Star" was going to come to the house and make us a meal. (Good thing the stove, micro and fridge were all cleaned. thanks Deb) WOW!!! Friday morning I was still sore from my skate on Wednesday and did not get a whole lot of exercise. I rested and played some video games....I know, I know, sounds real tough. I get pretty tired playing video games. Anyone that knows how I coach, will understand. I get a little worked up, same thing goes for video games. Now, because my lungs are not what they used to be, I actually can get tired yelling at the game. (I can hear Molly in my ear now..."It's just a stupid game.") Yes, it is just a game, but I like winning. I think this is the same approach I took to the Cancer table. Not to sound like Charlie Sheen, but, I do feel like I am winning, minus the tiger blood. Although, I have been called Tony the Tiger. Wow, what a tangent. So, by Friday afternoon Jyll was in our kitchen in Port Washington with her husband Tommy (great guy) and she was whipping up spaghetti and meatballs. Now, you may say, spaghetti and meatballs? It was perfect, she had take into account the fact that I can only reheat things after two days, so she also made extra meatballs. AMAZING!!! Spaghetti and meatballs should not taste that good. I definitely over ate and loved it. (not over rated...OVER ATE) Jyll then had a show at the Nari Home Show and had to run back. It was amazing. You can check her out at JYLL.SATURDAY: Molly's parents came into town to help Molly do some things around the house. We needed it. Because of the bone marrow transplant, I cannot be in any room that has been recently vacuumed, I have to stay away from any dust or dirt, and have to wash my hands 1/2 million times if I do cleaning. Not to say that I was lazy, but Molly, Bob, and Michele completely stormed the house. Michele had already cleaned all of our kitchen cabinets and now she was running errands. Bob and Molly totally destroyed the basement in a good way. They got rid of a bunch of useless stuff, organized, cleaned, swept, and vacuumed. Made a HUGE difference. Due to some of the cleaning going on, I left, fully masked and gloved up and dropped off mail at the post office, and drove through the bank. Got A LOT done. Then, thanks to our friend Mimi, we had a meal all ready to go for dinner. Adie loved it and so did Daddy! (mommy too, that just didn't work in the rhyme). I also got to improve my player on NHL 2012...not great, I can admit it, I am not great, but at least I play the game the right way...not crazy out of position and everything.

SUNDAY: Did not sleep well...that has been the only real lingering issue. I have trouble sleeping through the night. I think it is from the medications and being used to the hospital. I wake up every two hours like I need pills or my vitals taken. However, if that is the worst of my "side effects" I will NOT complain. I have not had any of the GVHD side effects yet. A few skin irritations and some headaches, but nothing serious. Still no fevers, no liver issues, although the doctors are still keeping close watch of the numbers. Sunday was pretty boring other than that. Molly and I got a chance to catch up on the TV series The Walking Dead.

So, it has been a very cool weekend. Lots of resting, cleaning, and hanging out as a family.

Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy,
Tony Navarre

No comments:

Post a Comment