Sunday, January 29, 2012

How Was The Weekend?

From the 27th to the 29th...things have gone very well.

Friday I skated again; Coach Donovan came out for a while and we passed the puck around. Felt very good and got a good work out. After my appointment, it was also suggested I take some precautions for when I am out in the sun. Due to the medications I am on as well as my new bone marrow, my skin is very sensitive. This weekend, with some help, I picked up some new clothes. I now have a few outfits of sun clothes and a couple of sun hats that I can wear while I coach. One hat I picked out, and the other Molly picked out. We'll see if the soccer teams go for it like the bare feet and the sunflowers seeds, which I will probably still do.

I got up early on Saturday and played with Adeline. We hung out as a family all day. Molly and I even got some cribbage in. Sunday, Molly and Adeline let me sleep in and went for a ride and breakfast. I have been eating smoothies all weekend. The blender has been fantastic. Again, magnesium is something that I have to get into my system at a very high rate...to the tune of 16 magnesium plus protein pills. Eating spinach helps, but who wants to eat spinach all day....well...I have been putting at least 1/3 of a bag of frozen spinach in each serving. That doesn't sound very good, but when you throw in some frozen berries, a banana, almond powder, a carnation instant breakfast and some vitamin water, you have a pretty darn good drink, and very healthy too. At least for a magnesium hound like me.

As far as health, I have felt pretty good. Still some headaches, exhausted at strange times, but overall, I have felt very good and I am at day +57. It has went fast and slow. The 'hometel' is starting to feel a little cramped and I can't wait until I can go to Port Washington. I hope that everyone is healthy and happy, enjoying the unseasonably warm Wisconsin weather or the weather wherever you may be. Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment