Friday, January 6, 2012

The Proclaimers, a Commercial, and a Promotion

I could walk 500 miles....well not really, that would take me forever! I did just stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...well, not that either. Actually, I jogged a mile in 14:28 minutes tonight at the Residence Inn, which is the same thing. That is essentially a record for me. I was very tired and worn out, but felt pretty good afterward. I don't know how much better I'll be able to do than that, but it is a heck of a start. It also felt incredible to get into the shower without wrapping my arm up like a mummy. Small steps people, small steps. My doctors appointment went well also. I only had to give three vials of blood this trip, which was nice. All of my liver numbers have come back to normal, and my white blood cell count is good. There are still some quirky numbers (Low red blood cell, hematocrit...etc..boring) but all in all, my doctor says, "The numbers look good." I have been a bit paranoid. I talked to Molly and my doctor about this, its in my head, but so far post transplant has gone well and its almost like I am waiting for something to go wrong. Dr. Palmer says it is still early, and Molly says not to worry either, the nurses even said a little GVHD is ok. With my past, though, it is hard not to worry. Finally, I am excited because I asked, and Dr. Palmer said I have to stay out of locker rooms and I can't be around anyone yet, but I could skate as another form of exercise. Wow, never thought I would get the chance to skate this season. I am not too excited, because I know I cannot yet go out with friends or be in a group, but, like I said above, small steps. Small steps everyday and soon enough, I will be 'back at full strength,' not debatable.

For all you Badger hockey fans, I threw that in there. Great game so far tonight from the Hockey Badgers (up 4-3 as I type) with Justin Schultz getting his 100th point...wow, what a defenseman! Sweet, also as I write, Jefferson holding off two RIT gentleman from getting in a friendly conversation during the Badger game. No fighting guys, no fighting. No Packers tomorrow, because they have a bye as the number one seed. I am excited, the week off will get them healthy and they'll be ready to face whoever the following week. The Penguins have fallen to third place in the Atlantic Division but sixth in the Eastern Conference. Injuries are really taking their toll on the Pens. Ryan Braun's latest is that he will probably not be able to overturn the 50 game suspension. How does Brauny feel about it? "This is all BS. I am completely innocent." Well, lets hope. As for the Homestead scene, The Highlanders had a nice win over Oshkosh 2-1 and go into this coming week with four conference games. Important week for the Highlander boys. Also, great opportunity to support Homestead Hockey by watching or playing some pond hockey in this years Highlander Classic. I think that covers the Badgers, Packers, Penguins, Brewers, and Highlanders. Sorry to those of you who don't need the sports update, but too bad.

Hope this finds everyone happy and healthy!
Tony

3 comments:

  1. As you get better, the ice will get thicker and you can skate outside without any "connection" to other's germs. These are wonderful things. I am super impressed with not only your determination, but running ability after nearly a year of no exercise. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John and I are praying for your continued improvement. I've been jogging on the treadmill for months and can barely beat your time! Wow! Just to let you know, Chris deployed to Afghanistan on Dec. 28th. Thought you might want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels good to move faster than a walk :)

    Chris has prayers from my family as well!

    ReplyDelete