Sunday, January 15, 2012

Its all Packers

Well, I'm getting off my chest now, and I am not talking about it again.

This hurts like Super Bowl 32...
This hurts like 4th and 26th....
This hurts like Favre's last throw as a Packer....Brett Favre's last throw as a Packer was in the 2008 NFC Championship game against...the New York Giants.

My opinionated and self centered take.
I am a coach...therefore, my first criticism has to be the coach of the Green Bay Packers. McCarthy remained conservative throughout the game. Tom Coughlin showed he wanted to win the game when up by three with 57 seconds left, he didn't kneel on the ball, he attacked and tried to WIN the game. The Packers did not. There were really no down field attempts. The team had dropped passes, fumbles, blocking mistakes, and 2 onside kicks which were both unsuccessful. That leads to the offense! What the heck guys? Come on! We had, what...6 fumbles all year, what the hell happened? Blocking for Rodgers on obvious passing downs was no good either. Dropped balls on critical downs just can't happen. Special teams fumble and 2 missed onside kicks. Granted they did block a field goal....but what does that matter when.......DEFENSE. We all knew you were bad, but holy cow, this was awful, I don't think the giants ever cared if it was third down or not because they knew they were going to get how many yards they needed anyway. NO pressure on the QB, yes, Cullen Jenkins must have been that important. Cal, John, Serge, Bill, Rubber, Siegel...can anyone explain this to me. I do not want to hear, they caught the Giants at the wrong time or any of that. WOW, just terrible. I am going to bed now.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy...or for some of us healthy :)
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment