Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day +45

Had another very good doctors appointment today. I am down to one appointment a week now. That is really exciting. My blood counts were all good and I still feel good. My transplant doctor was wondering if she should go to an Admirals game or a Badger Hockey game. I said, there is nothing like a Badger Hockey game at Kohl Center. The Seive chant, the band, the student section, the atmosphere...you gotta love Badger Hockey. Certainly one of my favorite sporting events to attend. We got to talking, and the quote of the day, for me was..."What do you call the little cage they put players in who misbehave?" LOVE IT! As for the rest of the day, still same old same old. Very cold outside, and of course I am wearing masks whenever I step outside my 'hometel' doors. Exercise has not been easy, but I have done at least 20 minutes of some sort of exercise everyday....trying to keep things fresh, I go from hand weights, to YOGA, shake weight, ice skating (which has been hell on the legs and low back), elliptical, and the treadmill. So I get a good mix of things, I just wish the lungs would come around faster...I still get winded very easily and it takes a long time to recover. I think, at this point, that has been hardest for me. Knowing that I used to skate and shoot, and pass without thinking about it. Or, run for 35-40 minutes during a soccer game and be able to maintain high quality. Maybe get a little winded, but nothing serious. I am not a patient person; My pulmonologists said that it could take as long as 2 years for my lungs to recover, and even then, it will not be completely. That also means that I have to continue to work at it....but I have the time, so I just need to keep up the attitude. Good thing my YOGA disc is Jillian Michaels...she'll keep me in line.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Until the next time....
Tony

No comments:

Post a Comment