Thursday, January 26, 2012

Day +54

Wow, it has been a few days since my last report. Life at the 'hometel' remains mostly the same. I am grateful to the Ozaukee Ice Center for giving me 30 minutes of ice time here and there. Many of you know, I am not fond of running. Basically, if I am chasing something, or if something is chasing me, I will run. Other than that, I'll have a stroll thank you. So far, it seems no news is good news. Doctor told me to make sure that I stay out of the sun, which at this point isn't too hard. I may need to have a different signature look...ie: barefeet. Bear Bryant had some sweet hats that covered his ears and face, that may have to be my new look or the Indiana Jones hat was always one of my favorites. My doctor also wanted to make sure I continue the exercise and the eating. It has been difficult making sure I get all my vitamins and minerals. However, Colleen, another wonderful person in the Homestead community hooked me up big time!! A blender and some good smoothie recipes that include everyone's favorite...spinach! Spinach has a ton of Magnesium, so, Spinach it is. I was able to drop the puck at the Cancer Awareness game between Homestead High School and University School of Milwaukee. I had to wear a mask of course, but it was so incredible to be at the rink, watching the team play, even for the shortest of times. Every little thing that I can do helps make my life feel a little more normal. Also, big props to the student sections for the game. Both schools showed up big for a great cause and a great game. Homestead came out on top 5-3 in a well fought battle of two top ten teams. The doctor cleared me to drive again, which is nice and thinks that soon I could go back to my actual home in Port Washington. She did stress again that it was still early and not to overdo the exercise. But I am optimistic, My next appointment is on Monday and hopefully I'll get some more good news. I hope this finds everyone healthy and happy, nearing the end of the week! Headed to Friday, hope everyone has a great weekend.

Thanks Wisconsin Prep Hockey for the awesome article and great pictures!

Tony Navarre

No comments:

Post a Comment