Tuesday, January 3, 2012

V-P Day

Today I had a victory! A victory over my PICC line. I have had a PICC line since I was diagnosed and today, I no longer have one. I can shower without having to have cling wrap in the bathroom! I no longer need to get chemotherapy, IV drugs, or medication. This is great news! My appointment today was also very informative. My doctor let me know that "Your blood work looks great." (not yours, mine) I also learned that sushi is not out of my life. It will be gone for more than a year, but knowing that it is still in my future is great. I also know that there are 8 markers to determine bone marrow matches and that my match was 8 out of 8. I am in a great mood today...this appointment could not have gone better.

I also wanted to make note of the t-shirt I am wearing in my photo above. (Sorry, my computer camera gets it all backwards) I got a great letter in the mail with two 'AS ONE' t-shirts. What a fantastic message. I feel it speaks a lot to the wonderful people around me. I have never felt like I have been facing cancer by myself, but with my friends, family, and other supporters AS ONE. You have all given me the strength to fight this disease and today, in my opinion, is a huge triumph. So again, I say thank you to everyone who has supported me and my family.

I do not want to talk about the end of the Badgers Football season. I can't...maybe in a post next week I will vent, but it is still too fresh right now. As long as I can always say, I have the PACKERS. How about Matt Flynn? Jordy Nelson? Great game for those two and excellent 15-1 season for the Pack. Not excited that our defense gave up another monster game, or that Calvin Johnson looked like a cyborg against the Packers defense. But, as it seems to go for the entire season, a win is a win, and if they keep winning, who am I to complain? I just want them to keep it up in the playoffs.

Thanks to all!! Great V-P Day!
Tony

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for making me tear up right before 1st hour. Congrats. I am so happy for you. What a great victory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this news!!! Have a great day. I know I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Because of your fabulous, fabulous news, "I" am going to have the best day ever!!! Honestly, Tony, I just knew this day would come!!!! I am "over-the-moon" happy for you!!! Soooo very happy!

    ReplyDelete